Friday, April 11, 2008

To The Queue

Today, I reorganized my Ravelry queue. I have these things that I want to knit, but than other things come up. For instance, little ones' playgroup ends next week, and I need a little gift for the two teachers. (They are wonderful!) I'm knitting them each a washcloth, a bath scrubby, and I've bought some fancy soap. But you know, those washcloths are taking time away from Branching Out, which is an April KAL. I'm also doing a test knit for some slippers. Of course, I have no camera, so I can't show any of this to you!

I don't mind the preemption of projects, but there a couple of things I want to get to before the end of June. Most notably, I need to try the baby bonnet again, with less decreases for a baby shower the first weekend in May. Also, I'm determined to knit the Lilian Tank for myself and Reasonably Hip has to be done for a birthday gift. Oh, and my neighbor is having a baby at the end of July, so something needs to be done for her. Do you see how the list grows?

The good news is, I'm proctoring 11 exams in May. This allows quite a bit of knitting time. It's too hard to read, because I can't watch the kids without remembering to look up (and I usually don't.) Knitting doesn't have that problem. I won't be doing anything complicated, but it is a good time to get a few smaller projects done. I'm hoping to finish Reasonably Hip, Baby something for my neighbor, and at least start on my second pair of socks. Also, there's a cute summer hat to knit for little girl. I might be aiming a bit high, but what the heck? I don't think the planning police are going to come after me.

I miss pictures, don't you? I'll be investigating cameras this weekend.

Happy Knitting!

5 comments:

km said...

These exam times look like prime knitting time. It is hard to get to all the projects I want to work on...there just isn't enough time.

I got a G9 when my other camera died in the fall. I love it...it's sort of in-between the digital SLR and the point and click variety. Hope you find something you like.

Knit'inCrazee.... said...

Anxious for you to get to post pics again...

I have lots of projects started, need to get myself in gear and finish some of them!

Miss Me said...

the knitting time is the best thing about proctoring exams! the fact that i can earn professional development points doesn't hurt either... look forward to seeing photos once the camera issue resolves itself. until then we'll just have to imagine things in our minds. : )

KC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KC said...

YOu have a lot more finished objects that I do and I probably have more time.