Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Beading - I did it!

I finished my test swatch for the Mystery Lace KAL last night. Using the size 5 needles seems to be okay - the swatch is pretty darn close to the size it's meant to be. In fact, I almost considered using a size 6!

The little ones are napping, and I've cast on for the actual stole, knitting 10 rows, and even added a bead! I'm so proud of myself!

It's 79 degrees right now. We took the kids for a nice little hike in Lexington this morning. They're such troopers! Little boy must have tripped over roots a hundred times, but he just gets up and keeps running! They fell asleep on the way home, and I'm hanging out on the back porch enjoying the quiet of the neighborhood.

I'm done with the lace knitting for the moment, and plan to work on the baby bonnet. I might just close my eyes for a few minutes though....

4 comments:

Knit'inCrazee.... said...

That sure sounds exciting!

I have a ton of things to do, but first, I'm going to make some rice pudding, then a few chores and then hopefully knitting!

Miss Me said...

i missed the sign ups for that KAL... : ( i love bead knitting! you MUST post photos (i haven't forgotten photo issues) so i can do it vicariously, okay?

Deb said...

We want pics!! We want pics!!

Please?

spinndiva said...

YAYY for the beading!
Thanks for the comment on my blog! :)

Hugs,
B.