Thursday, April 17, 2008

Stuff About Me

Moriah tagged me for this meme:

1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people.
5) Be sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did.

Stuff about me:

1. Prior to being a Mommy and a Knitter, I was a special education teacher, working with children with emotional and/or behavioral abilities. For several years, I worked in a residential treatment facility with children placed there through the court systems.

2. I was a camp counselor for several summers. I can light a campfire with one match.

3. I score baseball games using the double diamond method. I love baseball. LOVE IT! The game is beautiful. I'm a AAA Buffalo Bisons fan. I miss them! Scoring the game helps me to focus, and comes in handy if you go to 30 games a season - easy to check stats. If you're anywhere near Buffalo, check out a Bisons game. The stadium is beautiful, it's affordable, and the team is good.

4. In high school, I was in the musical "Camelot". I became really interested in the King Arthur stories, and by extension, other Medieval and/or Renaissance stories.

5. I used to have a rule that I wouldn't date men that I worked with. I met my husband at work.

6. I love to go out to eat. I'm not picky - a fancy restaurant is great, but I'm equally happy with a Friday's or an Applebees. I'm particularly a fan of Mexican - in the Americanized Mexican way, not necessarily authentic.

As for the tagging:

Anne, Cathy, and Kristen.

1 comment:

km said...

We had a pact like that in college. A group of girls decided together that we wouldn't date any of the guys in our program. One day a friend called me to say we needed to drop the pact. I said Ok. I thought it was for her. The next thing I knew she'd set me up on a date with M. There was a lot of craziness getting here...but now that we've been married 8 1/2 years, I 'm so glad we broke that pact. I see you did pretty well too.