Sunday, September 9, 2007

Yarn

I'm involved in a few swaps, and there seem to be questions about what kind of yarn I would like to receive. I've given it some thought, and here's what I've come up with:

1. I would like something variegated in blues or a complementary color, worsted weight, to make the mittens in One Skein Wonders. (My jacket is blue!)

2. I would like to make a simple lace shawl. So, something that could be used for that would be nice. I'm thinking red, or pink, or maybe even silver. There's a pattern in the current magknits I was considering, but I'm also open to suggestions here.

3. I'd like to make the spa set in One Skein Wonders with Bamboo. It's for a gift to go along with rose soaps, so pinkish colors would work really well. (I know, I'm addicted to One Skein Wonders. It's perfect for a beginner on a budget!)

4. I'm looking for a wool/cashmere blend (or other soft, slightly fuzzy yarn) to make a cowl (you know, a circular scarf you slip over your head.) I need 164 yards. (Yes, it's in OSW).

I hope this helpful for my swap partners. Obviously, I'm so psyched to get yarn in the mail, that it just doesn't matter all that much what it is. But, I personally hate that feeling of "I have NO IDEA what to get".

There has been progress on the Wallaby. I'm up to attaching the sleeves. As an added bonus, my Mom is coming TODAY! She is doing a wallaby too, and is ahead of me, so she'll be able to help! I'm so stinkin' excited!

Everyone psyched for the Men's U.S. Open final tonight?

Happy knitting!

4 comments:

Allison said...

I'm going to have to get the One Skein Wonders book - sounds like there are lots of great things to make out of it!

Anonymous said...

That book is great! LEt us know how the Wallaby ends up- I think I'm ripping mine today!

Anonymous said...

Ooh very fun ideas! Thanks for sharing some of them - lots of good stuff there to think of for your package!

km said...

I love the OSW book too. I've knit a bunch of the Aysymetrical hats. I used Paton's Shetland Chunky Tweeds that I bought with a 40% coupon. Each hat was less than $5. It's great to have some inexpensive gifts on hand. And I love those cables