Tuesday, September 25, 2007

FFBE Weekly Topic

As of this weekend, the season has officially changed on the calendar - but what makes Autumn feel like Autumn to you, and why?

My husband is a teacher, and I was too before kids, so autumn starts the first day of school, regardless of the weather. But, it REALLY feels like fall when there's that crisp in the air, especially in the mornings. The kind that makes you want to bake bread or an apple pie. The best mornings are the ones when you need a light jacket to take a walk (and it's still a little chilly, but you know it will warm up soon), and you crunch leaves as you walk.

I can't wait to read everyone else's responses!

6 comments:

Yarn Sniper said...

That is totally fall! I love the crisp on the air and the ground!

Knit'inCrazee.... said...

Love your Answer. I think you would make a great writer...

Sharon Rose said...

Crunchy leaves! Yes!

Kati said...

I love this description. Coming from a family of teachers and my husband teaching phys ed - it always seems like autumn is earlier than it is b/c of the start of the school year. I love the "crunchy leaves" and completely agree!

KrisW said...

Ok, now I need to go and make an apple pie, after I make a trip to Mack's Apple Farm in Londonderry! :)
P.S. I agree with your post on my blog regarding James Earl Jones voice with the Bible reading vs. Darth Vader...I think my youngest would be worried! :)
Enjoy the weekend! Hey,I hear THUNDER outside right now...really. Hmmm...hot autumn weather and thunder. Too funny on Sept 27th!
Kris :)

Knitting Keep Me sane said...

I love the brisk air and a light jacket. And leaves I still love jumping in them with my kids.