Saturday, September 15, 2007

Christmas Around the World Questionnaire

I bumped this up so people wouldn't have to search for it.

  1. Are you religious? Yes. I'm a Christian, so Christmas is a religious holiday to me.
  2. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? I've been knitting for almost a year. I'm definitely a beginner, edging my way toward intermediate.
  3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? I like to cross-stitch, but it's hard to focus on large projects with the kids around. I love to cook, and I enjoy playing tennis and softball.
  4. Favorite color(s)? Hmmm. I wear a lot of red, blue, purples, and pinks. I don't have an actual favorite color.
  5. Do you collect anything? Frogs
  6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? I'm allergic to cats
  7. Do you have any pets? No. Big boy has a fish - I ignore it.
  8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate!
  9. Cookies or Sweets? Either. Primarily sweets I think.
  10. Do you knit socks? No, but it's on my list of things to learn!
  11. If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) I've been knitting a lot of hats lately. I don't know what my favorite knits would be quite yet - I'm still learning so much!
  12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? We do! It's such the Charlie Brown tree - it's older than I am! We also put up lights, and wreaths, and all of that.
  13. Favorite holiday treats? I make Chocolate Crinkles. They're just a chocolate macaroon, but they are SO GOOD!
  14. Favorite holiday smells? Cinnamon, holiday spice, and hot chocolate melting on the stove.
  15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. I think a pretty traditional way. DH's family is Italian, so Christmas Eve is a big seafood feast (that's new to me). Christmas Eve we go to church, and Christmas morning is spent with the kids around the tree.
  16. What are your favorite holiday traditions? Making krumkake and chocolate crinkles with my mom. Decorating the tree with my dad. Christmas caroling, and walking around looking at people's outdoor lights. Baking up a storm. Singing along to classic songs, especially "O Holy Night" - I just love that song!
  17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” Celebrating the greatest gift ever given - love personified
  18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? A shepherd - so undeserving of all I've been given
  19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? I have received so MANY wonderful gifts. One of the best one's I've ever given - I gave the grandmother of an ex-boyfriend metallic mugs with gold swirls all over them, along with some really great hot chocolate and high quality chocolates. I painted the tissue paper in the box to match the mugs, and found a box to match.
  20. When do you start your Christmas? Well, I've already started my shopping and knitting. but I think it really starts the day after Thanksgiving.
  21. Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? Yes, I buy them.
  22. What is your favorite Christmas dish? Chocolate crinkles. Hmm, that might not be a dish. Chocolate pudding pie? If that's not a dish, than just Mom's turkey dinner.
  23. Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Give them hot chocolate and/or candy canes. And ask if I can join them.
  24. When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning
  25. Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Well, when I lived with my parents, I would eat Christmas dinner with my family in the afternoon, and then again with my best friend's family later. But, now I live too far away. I think I celebrate with family and friends, but spend the actual day with family.

7 comments:

Isobel said...

Dorothy - thanks for the comment - your Christmas sounds great.

Cat said...

I also wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment about my Christmas information. I agree whole-heartedly with you about attending services - when I go I feel so uplifted!
I am so happy to be participating in the swap and the world-wide knitting community as a whole - my life is becoming more enriched each day!

Anonymous said...

I love that Charlie Brown Christmas tree. I bet yours is well-loved too :)

Knittymuggins said...

Thanks so much for sharing Dorothy! I just read on someone else's questionnaire that they liked the Chocolate Crinkles too! I've never heard of those but they sound super yummy :) Hope you're enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire!

KrisW said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my Christmas swap entry...it's always nice to meet a sister in the Lord. :)

Miss Me said...

okay - i didn't know about the christmas swap (poor me...!) so i've come over from ffbe instead. italian seafood christmas eve? oh - YUM, YUM, YUM!!!

Im your Spoiler... said...

I am excited to be your spoiler and I love Christmas all the wonder that comes with it. I look forward to getting to know you better as the swap goes on and I also agree with Cat about attending church service, Its the weekly dose of faith on fire that I personally need each week.
This is going to be a fun swap and I am busy being a Elf working on your Loot! Hugs To Spoil you.!!