Wednesday, September 5, 2007

U.S. Open




Venus Williams just played a great match! Sadly, it went kind of late, and I don't think I'm going to be able to stay awake for much of the Roddick/Federer match. Man, I'm old.

I LOVE to play tennis, and hardly ever get the opportunity. I don't really have anyone to play with but my husband, and it's hard to find time for both of us to play, and plan for childcare, etc. I miss it. I also miss feeling like I've had a great workout!

Anyone in the Boston area who wants to play, let me know!

In knitting news - I frogged the dishcloth - it was too big to be a dishcloth, and I just didn't like it. I've attached the pouch to the Wallaby - and I'm so proud of myself too! I didn't even have to call my mom to get help! Fused the pouch to the rest of the sweater, and now I'm really confused about how to deal with the armholes. So, I started a sleeve, but I'm not getting very much done, because of tennis. Also, check out Grace's blog and enter her anniversary contest. She's giving away some beautiful shawls. And don't forget, tell her I sent you!

Go Americans!

6 comments:

Alana said...

Krumkaka, ha?? It's been a while since I've had any of that! Got a little Scandinavian in ya?? Me, too!

At the school where I taught previously a lady would come in and take orders for lefse before Thanksgiving and then again before Christmas. I'll miss that this year. I suppose I could learn to make it myself, but I don't see that happening any time soon!

knittercritter said...

Thank you, thank you! I took your advise about making links and it worked. I linked!! Woo hoo! Now if I can just catch up on all my swaps, etc.....

Anonymous said...

I love the US Open - I've even been once, and it was a TOTAL blast. I'm working on your bag, and may just be sending along some goodies soon!! I'll let you know when anything goes out!

Dorothy said...

I've added going to the Open as one of the things I'd like to do before I die. I can't believe you've been!

monique said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog.
Normally we place our normal shoesnear the heating?fireplace so Sinterklaas can put something in it. But sometimes I like to put a wooden shoe there for some carrots for the horse of Sinterklaas.
Have a lovely weekend.
Monique.

Stephanie... said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I, too, love watching tennis. When I was a kid my fahter used to get us tickets to the u.S. Open every year. My mother was a REALLY devoted fan. She was from Bostont, too. Is there something in the water about Boston and tennis? How do you feel about the Red Sox?