Friday, September 14, 2007

Hooray for Grandma!

My Mom left this morning - very sad. :( However, we had a great visit! She arrived Sunday night, and she bought presents:

The red is leftover yarn from a sweater she made me.

We had a great time, hanging out, playing tea with little girl, shopping, and knitting. With Grandma's help, I have finished the Wonderful Wallaby for little boy. It fits him perfectly! Which means, of course, he's getting it now, and not for Christmas.



I made the sleeves and the body 1" longer than the pattern. I probably should have added 2" for the body, but it will do. I really enjoyed knitting the Wallaby and plan on doing another one soon. I just have decide for whom!

Tonight is another Knit, Craft, Snack and Chat night at my house, so I have decide if I'm going to FINALLY cast on my felted bag or work on Big Boy's Scarf (all garter stitch - not difficult to work on while chatting.) We'll see what I'm in the mood for tonight.

It's always a bummer saying goodbye to my parents. I really, genuinely, LOVE hanging out with them. I'm really blessed though - the little kids and I will be there for a week next month, we'll all be there for Thanksgiving, and we'll leave the day after Christmas for another week with them. Not bad for living 400 miles apart.

Happy knitting, everyone!

1 comment:

Alana said...

What fun to have that time to spend with your mom. There's nothing like it!