Sunday, September 16, 2007

FFBE Bag is FINISHED!

Hooray! I knit up the handle this afternoon (with the "help" of little boy who kept grabbing the yarn and running off) and felted it after the little ones went to bed. I am TICKLED with the way it turned out - I might even make one for myself!

No pictures yet though - I want my Pal to be completely surprised! Once she gets her package though, I'll publish the bag's diary.

I just ruined a cable purse that I had made. Literally, ruined it. We won't discuss it, except to say, I am a moron. And the thing is, I really wasn't sure I liked it until today. But then, I was loving it. And then, I killed it. Poor bag. I'm going to tell myself it's a learning experience, and then let it go.

You know, that's something new about me since I've had kids. Things just don't bother me the way they used to. For example, I'm playing softball this season, and the first game, I made an error. Not a game costing error or anything, but something that would have bugged me the rest of the game. At the end of the inning, my coach offered me some encouraging words, and I seriously had to think about why he was telling me everything was okay. I had forgotten that I made the error three minutes after it happened!

Don't get me wrong. I think I have a healthy level of competitiveness, and I always want to do my best. But, I just can't spend a lot of energy beating myself up for mistakes that aren't all that important. And I mean important in a really, deep, eternal kind of way. My family is healthy, and I believe they are in good places regarding their relationship with God (because to me, that's the most important thing EVER. Curious? Ask me - I'll tell you all about it!) And so, I don't think it's right to worry about the small things. Really, it's not right to worry about anything. I SHOULD be trusting God to take care of it all. He promises that He will!

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:25,26,33,34

I'm not so great at not worrying at all, but being responsible for children really helps to put some things in perspective for me, and I think I worry less about small things.

So, I'm bummed about the bag. But, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

4 comments:

km said...

Thanks for the "Do Not Worry!" reminder. I needed that this morning. I'm anxious about a Dr.'s appointment...but really, why should I be?! He's got me covered.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the bag!. Isn't amazing how children put the big picture together for us. I think the teach us to have fun & God's guidance helps a little :)

Pennie said...

bag sounds great and am looking forward to the picture after you send it to your pal.

Shawnee said...

You are so sweet. I'm sorry for the ruined bag experience but really love my purple one! I'm at conference through tomorrow but will then write up my detailed blog thank you post. Send me an email from your real email soon, so I can reply and add you to my address book. You've been the best partner, with so many sweet comments, etc.!