- How long have you been knitting or crocheting? How did you learn? or from whom? I've been knitting since October, 2006. I learned to knit from Linda at Have Ewe Any Wool
- What was your first felted object, and why did you decide to try felting? My first (and only) felted object was an accessory bag in the One Skein One Wonders book I tried it just to try felting.
- What are your favorite colors? Any you hate? I love pinks and purples, but I wear a lot of navy and red. I don't particularly like brown.
- What are your favorite styles\types of bags? (Long straps? Short handles? Handbags? Totes? Embellished? Plain? Include links to patterns or photos if you’d like – give your pal an idea of what you enjoy!) Wow - I don't know. I have two small kids, so I like a strap I can put over my shoulder. It doesn't have to be super long, just long enough. I honestly have nothing to cart my knitting around. I've been spending so much time thinking about what kind of bag my pal might want, I haven't thought much about what I would like! I'll give it some thought and get back to you!
- What handbag or bag are you carrying today? Do you use a separate bag to carry your knitting? Well, I have a small woven black purse and a small woven tan purse. Mostly I use a backpack or diaper bag. But, I like carrying bags, and my kids are to the point where I just need an extra diaper and some wipes for running errands and such. (Hmmm, a bag that at least fits a couple of diapers would be great!)
- What other things do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? Right now, I'm on a hat kick. I'm working on Christmas gifts for family, and hats are quick and fit my skill level. But, I'm excited for all the things that CAN be knit and want to learn just about everything!
- What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum) I have a set of Denise needles, so I use those for most things. My only set of dpns is bamboo. That's right - I own one set of size 8 dpns. I'll probably be buying a set of 6s soon. But, I think real knitters have more dpns than that.
- What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make? Socks, mittens, the wonderful wallaby, a sweater for myself
- What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with? I don't know. I've used wool, and wool acrylic blends (small children - clothes must be washable!). I've also used cotton for dishcloths, and I did one cute bag in Egyptian cotton (that was nice stuff!)
- What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden? I like to cross-stitch, but I haven't done much since I took up knitting. I don't spin. I do love to cook.
- Besides yarn, do you collect anything? I like things with frogs on them.
- What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to? I like chocolate. Any kind of chocolate. I like sweet tarts and Swedish fish. I don't like coffee (I know, that's weird.)
- Do you have any kiddos? (Furry kind count!) Three kids, ages 7 (boy), 2 (girl), and 1 (boy). We also have a fish, but I ignore it.
- What kind of project best personifies you and why? I don't know! I haven't done many different kinds of projects yet. OH! I have it! I've knit 14 dishcloths this year, and none of them were for me. So, dishcloths - they're simple, they don't take a lot of concentration, and people really appreciate that you've thought of them. Plus, you can use whatever color floats your boat at that moment.
- What is your favorite part of Autumn? You can also share a special Autumn memory if you'd prefer! I love the leaves! It's such a great time to be outside. I spent a lot of time last Autumn raking the leaves in the backyard (which my landlord appreciated!) It was fun being outside with the kids!
- Tell us 3 things you would do if you won 10 million dollars in the lottery.
2. Buy a house
3. Have a huge party and pay for all my friends and family to travel to get there