I've been tagged! I've never been tagged before, and consider it quite an honor! Thank you Cathy!
7 Random Facts Meme
Here are the rules, and they must be posted to your blog.
Link to the person’s blog who tagged you (see above).
List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog and also so they can look at your blog and not tag the same people all over again!
And now, my 7 things:
1. I moved to Boston to pursue a doctorate in Special Education at Boston University, and plan on re-enrolling in Fall, 2008 (although, I hope to be doing work towards my dissertation between now and then.)
2. I have a ridiculously good memory (although not a photographic one)
3. I would rather live in the Buffalo area than the Boston area (but I would rather live with my husband, near my stepson than anywhere else!)
4. I was captain of my high school cheerleading squad 3 out of 5 seasons (I believe it had something to do with being able to accurately count the money, and knowing the difference between defense and offense. It's never good to be screaming out "Defense" when your team is on offense.)
5. I am 9 years younger than my husband, and 27 years younger than his older brother. I am 2 years older than my husband's oldest nephew. Question - which table should I sit at during family functions? The adult table or the kid table?
Addendum: Apparently, I can't count. Here are the REST of my seven random things. (Thanks Kris!) In light of that, maybe I won't mention that I taught math for a couple of years, and even presented at two National Council Teachers of Math conferences, on how to help children with special needs achieve high standards!
6. I worked for several years as a camp counselor, which means I have a variety of fairly useless skills in every day life - I can build a one-match fire (i.e. a fire which can be lit with only 1 match), and cook a three course meal in it, I can weave a story around a bunch of songs for an evening "songfest", I can name 55 activities that fit into the theme of "Circles", and I can tie seven different kinds of knots. I can "gunnel" a canoe, shoot a bullseye with a bow and arrow, and think of at least three crafts involving used matchsticks.
7. My first "real" job was selling furniture at The Bombay Company. I became pretty darn good at "reading" the customer and figuring out which collection of pieces would appeal to him/her. During busy times I was usually relegated to checking out, due to my excellent and speedy typing skills, ability to count money (see random fact #4) and my complete inability to find things in the stockroom.
And now, for the tagging:
1. Kristen: http://dayinthelifeof531.blogspot.com/
2. Alana: http://stringsandpurls.blogspot.com/
3. Kris: http://knottyknitterkris.blogspot.com/
4. KC: http://frog-it.blogspot.com
5. Shawnee: http://shawneett.blogspot.com/
6. Justshajam: http://justshajam-crazypplscareme.blogspot.com/
7. Moriah: http://knittingmedstudent.blogspot.com/