Thursday, March 6, 2008

No Pictures :(

Since Anne asked, I was ready to take a picture or two of the Blue Jeans Lace Shawl. Unfortunately, the batteries in my camera are dead, and I don't have any more in the magic battery drawer. You're not missing much. I've only finished a row or two a day in the last week. The whole lace thing requires a lot of focus, and that means it only comes out when the kids are asleep.

I'm getting rather discouraged about swaps. I was in two swaps last month, and am still waiting for the packages. I never received a package from my upstream partner in the Christmas Around the World Swap either. At least this time, both partners said they've sent the package, so I'm hoping it's just a mail problem.

Little boy just woke up!

Hopefully, I'll get pictures up soon.

Happy knitting!

3 comments:

Knit'inCrazee.... said...

Hi Dorothy!

Can't wait to see your shawl!

I know it is disappointing when swappers don't follow through w/ a commitment...

Hugs~

Miss Me said...

in a moment of ill will, i almost had a contest related to poor swapping experiences... i planned on two categories: those who had had people flake on them (those would have been good prizes) and those who had flaked on others (those would have been less fabulous - okay crappy - prizes). but then i realized that i probably wouldn't get many entries into the second category. i've been flaked on, too. what's wrong with some people? (and i hope that your packages arrive and they're AMAZING!)

KT said...

Oh no! And you were such a good spoiler for me - I feel bad on your behalf. I will send you virtual (((hugs!)))

That's a beautiful shawl pattern - I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. You could call it "sleeping kids shawl". ;) KT