Saturday, March 29, 2008

Knit Night FO

Last night was my monthly knit/craft/chat/snack night. 5 friends, a newborn baby, and chocolate in assorted forms. Let me tell you - holding a newborn makes me think about how wonderful and fun babies are. And then, I get woken up at 4 a.m. by little boy, and think about how much I like to sleep. Baby Eli was a trooper though - he slept quite a while and let him mommy knit.

My friend Wangeci learned to knit at K/C/C/S night a couple months ago. Her first project was a garter stitch scarf, and she's been working on some easy fingerless mitts (you knit a rectangle and sew it together, leaving a place for the thumb.) It's done in 2x2 rib, and she finished one of them last night. Here it is:



I'm so proud of her!

I'm finally done with 3" of the baby bonnet, and it's time to start the decreases.

Also, it turns out Branching Out doesn't really call for laceweight yarn, so it's back to the yarn store for me to exchange it for a dk weight.

Sunny but cold today here in metro Boston. When does the warm come?

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

km said...

Sounds like a fun night. I got a chance to knit with M's cousin while I was recovering on Thursday. It was fun...but there was no chocolate. I think that's where we went wrong. =0)

Knit'inCrazee.... said...

Oh how neat!

Thanks for the heads up on Branching out!

Blessings.......