Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ickies and Ouchies

Last night, DH told me my cough sounded different and I should go to the doctors today. Isn't he so sweet to worry about me? I took his advice, and it turns out I have bronchitis. The doctor gave me two different inhalers to help me breathe better, and recommended cough syrup. The good news is, except for the gross hacking cough, I feel okay.

In other not so good news, yesterday I confused my thumb with part of my sandwich and sliced it open. My mom bought me Cutco knives when I finished my masters' degree - those babies are sharp! This has slowed up the knitting. It turns out I can knit, but it makes pushing purl stitches off my needles rough. I've been working on the baby bonnet. It doesn't look much different than the last picture you saw.

However, there is an April KAL on Ravelry for Branching Out, and yesterday I bought my yarn. The Fabric Place in Woburn is having 25% off EVERYTHING! I'm sure I could have found other things I wanted, but I went with $10, so that I wouldn't buy anything but what I needed. Their lace section is pretty small. They have Classic Elite Silky Alpaca Lace and Malabrigo Lace. I know, you're all going to groan, but I bought the Classic Elite. It's a color my sister-in-law will love, and I think I'm going to make the scarf for her. However, I have double the yarn I need, so I'll have to find some other scarf to make too!

I hope you're all having a wonderful Thursday! Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Knit'inCrazee.... said...

Oh D!
Feel better soon! Good thing dh suggested to go see the Doc.

Happy Knitting...

km said...

Glad you went to the Dr. Usually mom's are the last one to go. I've seen a few of the Branching Out...and that will be a great gift for your SIL. Is that starting early for Christmas?