Thursday, March 13, 2008

Movie Meme

I found this, and I LOVE random movie quotes, so here we go! (Edited: I've added quotes to the movies no one has gotten yet.)

Behold, the rules:
- Pick fifteen of your favorite movies.
- Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie. (I supplied my own quotes)
- Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
- Fill in the film title once it's guessed.

This part is for the reader
- No Googling or using IMDB search functions.
- Leave your answer(s) in the comments.

Movie 1:
"[Name] can we borrow money for a pizza?"
"I don't have any cash."
"Dominoes takes check."
"OH! Ta da! We're going to eat gas."

Additional Quotes:
"I am not under any obligation to make the world a better place."

"Just you, me, and 5 bucks."

And still more:

"I'm just here to pick something up."
"Mission accomplished."

"Welcome to the maxi pad!"
"With the new dry weave, it really draws moisture away from the body."

"I'll make them take out the pizza thing."

"[Name], next time you make microwave brownies, you might want to consider using the microwave."

(Reality Bites - no one)

Movie 2:
"It's Romeo and Juliet, the dyslexic version"
...a little later: "Two words not in her vocabulary: Milk Money"

Additional Quotes:

"I dunno, she looks sorta like you."
"Sorta?"
"Exactly."

"I just want something beautiful."

"4 words. Good night, sweet girl. I'm easy, I know."

"You've spurned both my sexual advances and now I have no choice but to reach deep into my bag of tricks. You wanna go ice fishing?"
"Absolutely."

(Beautiful Girls - Ursula. This is probably one of my all time favorite movies! My friends and I saw it multiple times in the theater.)

Movie 3:
"Waiter, I would like some pepper on my paprikash."
When Harry Met Sally (Deb)
Other memorable lines:
"How much worse can it be than him pulling out a strand of my hair and flossing with it?"
"You made a woman meow?"
And many others, most of which are not appropriate on a family-oriented blog! :)

Movie 4:
"What about the RUSs?"
"Rodents of an Unusual Size?"
(The Princess Bride - Anne)

Movie 5:
"Remember what Monty Python says - nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition"
(Sliding Doors - Miss Me)
Other memorable lines:
"Wow, that was some lapse in concentration!"
"Bullocks!"
"I'm trying to be your girlfriend!"

Movie 6:
"I'm scared of what I saw tonight. I'm scared of what I did. And most of all I'm scared that I'll walk out of this room and never again feel the way I feel when I'm with you."
(It's NOT Jerry Maguire - sorry Anne) Try this extra quote to help:
"Nobody puts Baby in a corner"
(Dirty Dancing - Miss Me)

Movie 7:
"FRAGILE. That must be Italian."
(The Christmas Story - Anne)

Movie 8:
"Katarina!"
"Arturo!"
"No, Madame! I can't allow it. Not without a life jacket!"

Additional Quotes:

"You said moms don't leave!"

"You're my Annie and you always will be."

"You're that sweaty carpenter who hates me."

(Overboard - Ursula)

Movie 9:
"I"m not going to go to work anymore."
"You mean you're quitting?"
"No, I'm just not going to go."
Office Space (Ursula)
Other Memorable Quotes:

"Is today the worst day of your life?"
"Yeah"
"Wow, that's messed up."

"We think he's management material."

Movie 10:
"Drinking and driving don't mix. That's why I ride a bike."

"His name is Blane? That's not a name! It's a major appliance!"

"You know, I've gone out with a lot of girls in this school. I don't see what makes you so different."
"I have some taste."

Additional Quotes:

"You know what an older woman does to me?"
"Changes your diapers?"

"
We don't have none of this stuff in the boy's room! Wait a minute! We don't got none of this... we don't got doors on the stalls in the boy's room, we don't have, what is this? What's this? We don't have a candy machine in the boy's room! "

"You said you couldn't be with someone who didn't believe in you. Well I believed in you. I just didn't believe in me. I love you... always."

(Pretty in Pink - Ursula)

Movie 11:
"I think I was conceived in the back seat."
"It's still sticky."

Additional Quotes:

"I think the reason I hang out with you guys is that I'm completely and totally in love with you....We won't remember any of this tomorrow."
"It is tomorrow."

"I always knew he was a Republican!"

More Additional Quotes:

"Red drives men wild"

"I always though we'd be friends forever."
"Yeah, well, forever got a lot shorter all of a sudden."

"Men. Can't live with 'em...Can't shoot 'em."

"
Love, love, you know what love is? Love is an illusion created by lawyer types like yourself to perpetuate another illusion called marriage to create the reality of divorce and then the illusionary need for divorce lawyers. "

(St. Elmo's Fire - no one)

Movie 12:
"Who put you in charge?"
"You did, when you killed my boss."

Additional Quotes:

"Yippeaykayai, MF."

"Who said we're terrorists?"

(Die Hard - Ursula)

Movie 13:
"You're not making a joke?"
"I have not yet learned how to joke that way. I think now I never will."

Additional Quotes:

"Womb to tomb?"
"Birth to earth."

"Now I have hate!"

"When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette to your last dyin' day."

(West Side Story - Ursula)

Movie 14:
"She's not depressed! She's wearing a dress."

Additional quotes:

"Strikeouts are boring. Besides that, they're fascist."

"
Honey, would you rather I were making love to him using your name, or making love to you using his name? "

"How come you don't like me?"
"Because you don't respect yourself, which is your problem. But you don't respect the game, and that's my problem."

(Bull Durham - Ursula)

Movie 15:
"We should tell them Mommy and Daddy love each other differently now."
..."Am I supposed to jump up and down about how excited I am that we love each other differently?"

Additional Quotes:

"I
t is physically impossible to French-kiss a man who leaves the new roll of toilet paper resting on top of the empty cardboard roll. Does he not see it? DOES HE NOT *SEE* IT?"

"Let's face it. Anybody is going to have annoying traits. Why shouldn't it be YOUR annoying traits?"

"
Isn't this the moment where one of us is supposed to say: Look, this is ridiculous, we love each other, all couples go through this, let's give it another try. "

"Tonight, I saw myself through your eyes, and I just wanted to say, I'm sorry.....At some point we should discuss how we're telling the children."

"[Name], you're seeing somebody."
"I'm not seeing him. We're just talking."

"I can't remember the last time Stan and I made out. I mean, really just made out."
"Doesn't that bother you?"
"No."
"Don't you think it should?"

(The Story of Us - no one)

Good luck!

10 comments:

Knit'inCrazee.... said...

Wish I were a movie buff, but I'm not, so I won't play along...

Blessings~

Deb said...

#3 - When Harry Met Sally (one of my favorite movies!!)

Ursula said...

#9 is Office Space?

Anonymous said...

4 is totally princess bride.. now let me see if I know others lol

Anonymous said...

6 is jerry maguire.

Anonymous said...

7 is A Christmas Story.. You'll shoot yer eye out! I suppose I could have left 1 comment but that would not have been as fun :p

Miss Me said...

5 is "sliding doors" with gwyneth paltrow and the always yummy john hannah.
6 is "dirty dancing". i still miss gerry orbach...

Ursula said...

#2 is Beautiful Girls.

#8 Overboard

#12 Die Hard? I can see Bruce Willis saying it.

#14 Bull Durham

Thanks for the extra quotes... this is fun!

Ursula said...

#11 Pretty in Pink

#13 West Side Story... just because it says Jet

Ursula said...

I've only seen Beautiful Girls once, on TV, and just parts. Love it though. The ice fishing comment gave it away :)

This movie quote meme is a great idea! I think you'll be seeing one on my blog soon...