Monday, March 24, 2008

Drumroll Please...

The blue jeans lace leaf shawl:




(I know the pictures aren't the greatest. I tried!)

I LOVE this shawl! It kept my arms warm during church yesterday, and I got lots of compliments on it from DH's family.

I was a little nervous when it first came off the needles. I had added 3 extra repeats to make it longer, but it didn't look like it was going to be close to the size I had wanted. I was praying that blocking would make a huge difference. DH was skeptical, but, it WORKED! Big boy was at his mom's house, so I blocked it out on his bed, and left it overnight. I'm so excited to have finished my first lace project.

The Ravelry group is doing a KAL for April too. I think I might really love knitting lace, but I have a lot of catching up to do on other projects (mostly baby gifts.) I guess I'll wait and see how much I love the pattern they choose.

FYI - Anne is having a contest. Go check it out, and be sure to tell her I sent you!

I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Easter.

Happy Knitting!

5 comments:

Knit'inCrazee.... said...

The shawl is gorgeous. Where did you get the pattern? What yarn did you use and needles? How long did it take you to knit it?

Thanks for sharing... Your work is beautiful!

spinndiva said...

YAYYYYY! You did it! :)

I love the way it looks in that colorway!
Great Job! :)

km said...

The shawl is gorgeous. And to wear it on Easter...super special. I remember always having a new dress for Easter as a kid. Now, I don't always have the money to have new clothes for me. I need to focus on finishing up some WIP I have around here.

Kati said...

The shawl is beautiful!! I can't believe this is your first lace project. Congrats~

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! It looks fantastic - congrats to you and I'm SO glad it turned out as you wanted it to!