Saturday, February 2, 2008

Where Did Knit the Classics Go?

Anyone know what happened to Knit the Classics? The blog just seemed to have fallen off the Internet. And I've already read February's book, and I'm super excited about my project!

In other news - MY DAD IS HERE! He flew in from Buffalo last night. His flight wound up being delayed over three hours. And can you believe, I had NO knitting with me! I figured the 200+ pages I had to read in my book would be enough to keep me occupied in the event the plane wasn't on time. Turns out, not so much. I did have some dishcloth cotton in my purse, but no needles. I considered trying to use straws from Dunkin' Donuts, but instead, I practiced going down the up escalator. I'm convinced that someday I will need that skill.

Dad is having lots of fun hanging out and playing with the little ones. Right now, he and DH are playing APBA Baseball.

I've cast-on for my Noni bag, and I am proud to say, I picked up all the stitches around the base! I think that I saw the Urban Adventure bag, but I'm making the evening bag. I'm excited though - I love the color of the yarn, and I'm hoping the bag will look gorgeous!

Happy Knitting!

8 comments:

Alana said...

A friend and I knit Noni bags together, and it was fun. I made a purse style (which still needs lining and handles attached, BTW), and she made a HUGE one that she carries large loads in!

km said...

I'm sure the game will be fun with your dad and DH. Can't wait for the fun -er, knitting- to start. Hope your kids like football. Mine should let me knit through some of the game.

Deb said...

Your Dad must be one happy guy!! It was a great game for sure!

Melissa Ward said...

I have no idea what happened to KTC. One day I logged into Blogger and it was gone. Glad someone else noticed because I was starting to wonder if it was just me!!

Good luck with your noni bag :)

Shawnee said...

I JOINED KTC because of you and loved this month's book - The Count of Monte Cristo. I hope they can restore the blog.

Hope said...

Hi,

I've been trying to find as many KTC members as I can to let them know what happened. It seems that Blogger went on a deleting rampage one night a couple weeks ago and a LOT of people's blogs were killed, including KTC. Sadly, the creator and owner of KTC, Amanda has decided not to try to restore or resurrect KTC.

Admin Adrienne and I are starting our own group on Ravelry called "Knitting 19-Century Novels." It is a similar concept to KTC but we are going to narrow our focus to classic novels written/published in the 1800s and all the action will be happening at Ravelry.

If you are on Ravelry and would like to be in our new group, please send me your Ravelry ID and I will put you in the starting invite list. The group should go live in the next couple of days.

Hope
former admin KTC
Ravelry ID: BlueViolet

Anonymous said...

I LOVED knit the classics. I am with you. I have no idea (well I do now because I read that comment that someone left you) what happened to it; one ady I logged on and it was gone. I share your saddness!

blank said...

Amanda is still at http://www.amandasweeklyzen.com and http://www.mousebeat.com