Sunday, February 10, 2008

Dishcloth Topic #4 (Edited)

I was a little grumpy when I first answered this, and I don't like to be that way. Here is the non-grumpy, edited version.

"Defeat the Winter Doldrums" for some of us we get the doldrums and others don't. For the ones who get doldrums what helps you get rid of them? For the ones who don't get the doldrums, what helps you keep them away?

I never had much of a problem coping with winter, until I moved to Boston. Winter lasts longer in Buffalo, and there's a lot more snow. BUT, everyone is used to it, so you just go on with your life. Plus, there's sledding and tubing and quiet walks to take. I think the fact that it's lighter out until later is a big deal to me. Yes, it's lighter here earlier in the day, but that doesn't help me much. I had a hard time adjusting to it when I first moved here, and it's upsetting when it's already dark by the time my husband gets home (and he's a teacher!) Also, parallel parking with snow is HARD!

How do I get rid of them? I try to be outside a little bit each day. I try to exercise. I take a lot of bubble baths and watch a lot of movies. I wait for spring. I dream of retiring in the country. I enjoy my children, who are truly, despite being obnoxious at the moment, real joys!


Happy knitting!

2 comments:

km said...

Why is it that little ones get so excited/obnoxious and we just want a moment to pack/prepare. Now I know why my mom was stressed with every trip we took.

Knit'inCrazee.... said...

Doldrums.... Hmmmmmmmm...........Mostly I just sit and gt lost in my thoughts.. I think about how Blessed I am...What a great life I have... I sure can not complain, why it wouldn't do any good if i did!

Have a safe trip!