Friday, February 17, 2012

We'd Like to Interrupt

This knitting
(Sorry for the sideways photo). The right front of the Viking Hoodie. 5 more cable crosses to go before the armseye shaping.

For this knitting:
Scrunchable Scarf knit with Marble Karabella, an alpaca/wool blend. Baby girl is turning 3 in two weeks, and with that birthday she will age out of early intervention. Her speech therapist, Wendy, is awesome, and Baby Girl loves her! We're really going to miss seeing her every week. So, I though I'd whip up some handknit love for her as a parting gift. I'm a little concerned that the scarf feels more masculine than unisex, but I'm hoping that feeling will fade once it's done. What do you think?

The yarn was a gift from a friend of my mom's, and the scarf is really working up quickly. Maybe a shawl pin will add some femininity.....

In other news, the sun is shining brightly for the first time in a long time, and I feel that way too. I've been down for the count almost all week with a chest cold that's aggravated my asthma. I finally got antibiotics on Wednesday, and today is the first day I haven't felt awful all day. I'm definitely not full-energy yet, but it's nice to have any energy at all!

I hope your day is full of sunshine, inside and out!

Happy knitting!

No comments: