Thursday, February 23, 2012

Knitting Constantly

I have been knitting constantly lately. I have finished a scarf, a cowl, a baby sweater, started another baby sweater, and plan to knit a baby hat tomorrow. I have started the first sleeve of my Viking Cable Hoodie.

I have not taken pictures of anything.

The scarf, cowl, and baby hat have to be done by Tuesday, to present to Baby Girl's Developmental and Speech Therapists, as that will be her last meeting with them (she ages out of Early Intervention on Thursday!) Baby Girl loves these women, and they love her right back, so I want to leave them with some hand-knitted love.

I've had a good excuse to do little but knit because last week I had a bad case of bronchitis, and this week is school vacation. I hope to get some pictures up soon so you can see what I've been up to.

I'm also planning what I'll be up to next: a pair of socks or a cowl from my Plucky Knitter yarn (somehow I missed that the yarn is a wool/nylon/cashmere blend. This is making me lean towards socks. Cashmere keeps my feet warm). I just bought yarn to knit a baby sweater for an expecting friend (I don't have anything baby suitable in the stash, and since the money is from our "gift" budget, this does not count against me in knitting from the stash in preparation for Rhinebeck. Does anyone else justify this way to themselves?)

I hope to post a bit about our vacation tomorrow. We've had a lovely week, and today was an absolutely perfect day.

Happy knitting!

No comments: