Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Stalled

I decided that it was absolutely imperative to have a sweater in the 0-3 month size range for this baby. Part of me felt silly, because babies seem to outgrow this size even faster than all the others. But, the rest of me decided that I'm a knitter, and therefore, this child should be swathed in yarn.

Angie, a friend from Ravelry, sent me some Plymouth Dreambaby as part of a swap, and so I spent Sunday during the Superbowl and last night knitting up the body of this Easy Baby Cardigan:


Unfortunately, I lack the size 7 DPNs required for the sleeves. I went to AC Moore this morning, and they didn't have any! GRRR! (BTW - this sweater really is SUPER easy!)

Soooo...since I didn't drag the kids to Michael's (especially since I feel like they have a VERY limited selection of DPNs these days), I have to decide what else to knit on this nice snowy day. OR, forego knitting altogether and clean my house, and weave in the ends of various projects.

I think I'll start with a nap.

Happy knitting!

6 comments:

km said...

A nap sounds good. Just make sure you get those DPN's before the baby comes. Cute sweater. And the great thing about 0-3 month clothes is that it often fits a doll and can be played with later.

Jknits said...

Do you know how to magic loop? You'll never need dpns again.

Jknits said...

Lovely sweater btw - luck baby. Besides, even once she grows out of it, it will be perfect for a teddy bear or doll.

Knit'inCrazee.... said...

That is oh so sweet, as well as all your other projects!

Bet you are anxious for the delivery day...

Deb said...

Very cute sweater!! And I'm with Jknits....magic loop is the way to go then you can do 2 sleeves at the same time! It's a wonderful way to go!

Miss Me said...

sweet sweater. magic loop would be a great alternative to dpns. but about michael's - is it just in canada or is it broader? something is up with their yarn selection... they have signs up everywhere about their "new" yarn department coming in spring. maybe they'll get needles, too? (wishful thinking on my part, perhaps?)