Thursday, February 12, 2009
I made this bonnet to match the Ellis Dress. The pattern is from Claire Montgomerie's Easy Baby Knits (a go to book for me). I changed the seed stitch straps and ribbed back to garter stitch to match the dress. I'm trying to decide if I have enough yarn to make some booties.
I keep forgetting to post a picture of the finished booties from my last post. I'm REALLY happy with them, and I made the matching scratch mitts. I would like this to be my next project, but it requires a trip to the yarn store, and money to spend there (yarn allowance - good idea, hard to live with).
The baby is still cooking away. Last night I woke up with some painful contractions, but they faded after a few hours. :( Today, the little kids painted onesies for her. We used make up sponges and stencils, but I'm still impressed with what a nice job they did!