Thursday, January 22, 2009

Slowly but Surely...

Things are getting done. Baby clothes are washed and put away. Random supplies have been bought (bottle liners, wipes, baby wash, etc). Knitting is getting done.

I've been working on the Ellis Dress. It's a mock cable dress, and it's really knitting up beautifully. I'm even really enjoying working with a cotton yarn! (Wendy Supreme Luxury Cotton). I love that the pretty flare effect is created by something as simple as p2tog. Here's what I have so far:

The dress is sized 3-6 months, so it will be something pretty for the spring. I'm considering making a slightly larger version of this hat to match. Do you think that's too much cable on one small baby?

My traveling project (playdates, the car, etc) has been Plymouth's Cotton Kisses Cardigan. The pattern came with the yarn and cute little duckie buttons. This is sized 6-9 months. I have other things I should be knitting first (there's some newborn hats to be made, and a summer dress and sweater), but I cast on one night with nothing else to do, and it's mostly stockinette, so it's a good travel project.

This picture doesn't show the color very well, but it's a very pretty green.

Pregnancy-wise, things are going fine. I'm fairly certain, based on how I've been feeling, this baby is coming sooner rather than later. I'm considered full-term on February 11th (I think), and am good to go anytime after that. It's kind of overwhelming, but at the same time, I'm all done with the restless legs, inability to sleep, and being kicked in the ribs pretty regularly. Also, Big Boy is VERY concerned because my official due date is his birthday. Understandably, he doesn't want to share his birthday. We've tried to reassure him that the chances are pretty slim - none of the kids were born on their due date.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

km said...

Cute Cute Things for the new baby. I don't think you can knit too much for this little one.

Miss Me said...

due dates are just to give you some idea that a baby will arrive at some point, right? when the baby is ready and no sooner, but no later. i understand big boy's concern, but you're right, he has very little to really worry about.

the baby clothes are adorable. i LOVE that dress. one of my co-workers is pregnant with a girl... i may just have to make her one!

(word verification is "unfun" - that could be a weather reference perhaps?)