Saturday, January 3, 2009

Gifts

I hope you all had a WONDERFUL and BLESSED holiday season! I certainly did - our Christmas Day at the in-laws was much more relaxing than normal (30 people in a house makes it difficult to relax), and no one went overboard on gifts for the kids this year (thank goodness!) My in-laws did give our family a gift - a Nintendo Wii, the sports edition. Now, I'm not all that into video games - I think the last one I put any effort into was Super Mario Brothers 3 on the original Nintendo - but I am very excited! I LOVE to play tennis, and so rarely get the opportunity. I'm hoping the Wii Tennis will make me feel better! I got some knitterly gifts too, but I'll post about those another day.

Today, I'd like to focus on gifts given. I'm pleased to say that everything I knit seemed to be well received. My sister-in-law LOVED her Winter White Tam. She and her husband own a Model Ford A and participate in these driving events where they try to dress in clothing appropriate to the era. She is psyched that the hat fits into her wardrobe. Also, out of all the in-laws, she appreciates hand made items the most, and so it's such a pleasure to give them to her!

(That's a necklace little girl gave her.)

My other sister-in-law really liked her Branching Out (although, I don't seem to have a picture of her with it.) She had stated at Thanksgiving that she was going to buy some scarves, as they seem to be the new in accessory. I was happy to help her out!

My nephew was super into his Reasonably Hip hat. I think that was the gift I was most excited to give.



Finally, I gave a hat and scarf set to my husband's sister's-in-law brother. He works outdoors most days, and really appreciated having something to keep himself warm.

3 comments:

km said...

What a lovely 'hand knit' Christmas. I think I should start knitting now for next year.

Miss Me said...

okay - he isn't reasonably hip. in that hat your nephew is TOTALLY HIP!

Knitting with a Purpose said...

Happy New Year!

My SIL is an artist and totally loves the handmade gifts, which make them so much fun to make for her!