Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Slowest Project Ever

If you've read this blog for any length of time, you know I'm a huge fan of the One Skein Wonders series. (BTW, I neglected to include the fact that my husband got me the newest book - Luxury One Skein Wonders - for Christmas in my knitterly gifts post. Shame on me!) It won't be a surprise then, that my first baby knitting project is the Wave Jumper from the designer book. The dress is a modified feather and fan pattern, and super cute. It's knit using sock yarn on size 1 needles. (I'm using something called "On Your Toes". I wasn't sure if I would like this dress in a variegated colorway, but I'm loving it!)


SIZE 1!

I cast on for this project on January 2nd. As of today, I have knit 2 inches. I need 8 inches before dividing for the armholes. I had to take a little break.

So, I cast on for a cabled baby hat from the Luxury book (not in luxury yarn.)

Happy and speedy knitting to you all!

3 comments:

km said...

You only have to hurry on that one if you're knitting the 0-3 size. Your little one will be here SOON. I need to add some of those books to my wish list.

Miss Me said...

i'm with kristen - so long as the baby gets to wear it, its all good.

Jknits said...

I got this book too! I love it. I haven't tried a pattern yet - I'm just enjoying reading them. Looking forward to seeing the sweater - I'll be it's gorgeous.