Sunday, November 11, 2007

Not Much Going On

There's just not that much going on around here these days. The little ones had colds at the beginning of last week, just bad enough to keep us home from our activities. Knitting-wise, I've finally finished another hat for a small person for Christmas. Three more to go, and two are for infants! I used the same yarn as I used for little boy's hat (Red, White, and Blue) so I didn't bother to take a picture of it. It looks the same, although the pompom is bigger.

We did have a great day on Thursday. Little boy had his check-up, and healthy he is! And, I have to say, he took his 4 shots really well! Little girl also got a flu shot, and I think she was more mad at not knowing the needle was coming than she was hurting. Later that day we went out to lunch with my in-laws and my husband's aunt (who has the same name as little girl). We went to the Cafe Escadrille, which is on the fancier side. I have to say, little girl charmed the pants off everyone! She was in a pretty dress with a matching purse, and was very pleased to show everyone her two stickers (from the doctor) and small toy. She ate none of her meal, but very daintily poured milk from her little pitcher into her coffee cup and sipped like a little lady (Mommy knows the tricks to keeping her content at restaurants!) Little girl also chatted very nicely with Aunty, who truly got a big kick out of her. Oh, and when she asked the waitress for more milk she said "please" and "thank you". Mommy is VERY proud! Little boy was very happy smiling at every female who passed by, and he wasn't even a giant ketchup stain at the end of the meal.

After lunch, we headed up the street to the mall. I was hoping they would fall asleep in the stroller, and I could get some Christmas shopping done. Believe it or not, Santa is already at the mall! There was no line, and the mall itself wasn't crowded, so we went to talk to him. Last year, little boy was too little and little girl was terrified of Santa. I figured we might need to start early. However, Santa was TERRIFIC! He won the kids over with candy canes, and little girls even managed to tell Santa she wanted a scooter - a blue one. After that, we hit one store, and than DH called to say he was locked out of the house. That was the end of shopping for me! It's alright - I'm about halfway through the Christmas shopping, and I have ideas for most people who are left on the list.

Hopefully, this week will be more exciting! My goal is to start and finish the two infants' hats.

Happy knitting everyone!

2 comments:

km said...

I'm going to remember that 'pouring' trick for restaraunts. We do that at home...but didn't ever think of taking that show on the road. I don't know if I ever mentioned it here, but we had our honeymoon in Boston. We stayed at the SwissHotel...and had a grand time walking everywhere as we were in the middle of the city. We considered staying -we loved it that much. But all our family is here. I love hearing about your travels around the city!

Alana said...

You are way on the ball when it comes to Christmas shopping! I'm not quite sure how I'm going to fit that in this year!! :o)