Monday, October 22, 2012

Rhinebeck Trip: Friday

Friday I took Abby Franquemont's "All Spindles, All Day" class. Sadly, again, I have no pictures. I learned a lot and was quite impressed with Abby's teaching skills, let alone her spinning expertise. I will say that the class description promised some skill building exercises that never really took place, and I am a little disappointed in that.

I was one of the first however many people to sign up for a workshop, so I got this really great tote bag with some nice goodies:


A skein of Vanna's Sequins, a fingerless glove pattern and a tape measure
 There was also another tape measure from Webs, and some coupons, including a free skein of yarn with purchase from Bijou Basin.

I was also able to buy some Sheep and Wool Festival project bags (the smaller one is for my spindling projects and the larger one is a gift.)

After class, mom and I headed to the Everready Diner in Hyde Park for dinner (we're actually just calling this the weekend of the diner. We ate at three of them).



I had a milkshake, bacon cheeseburger and fries. YUM!!!!!

After dinner we went back to the hotel and hung out in the Holidome where we met the most lovely people! We spent the evening with the most lovely ladies: Spinknitty and [insert Rav name here] (um, can't remember her Rav name. Any help from my other Holidome ladies?), llamalady, crochetlaady, yet to be on Ravelry Jacquie, and author and designer Margaret Hubert. Margaret is the cutest and she was kind enough to give us a trunk show and a mini-version of her workshop!

Margaret modeling one of her designs
Jacquie had a trunk full of Briggs and Little yarn and was kind enough to give me a skein to make a pair of thrummed mittens. I also bought a skein of sock yarn from Cosmic Fibers Yarn. She's had to close her etsy shop due to personal circumstances and was selling her remaining stock. 
Why yes, now that you mention it, there is a purple theme going on

We were up far later than I had wanted to be, but we were having so much fun it was hard to leave and go to bed! And believe me, we were up bright and early on Saturday to go shopping!

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Margaret Hubert is great, I've met her a couple of times...love your purchases..