Monday, October 1, 2012

Greater Boston Yarn Crawl

I'm blogging on my Nook. My computer seems to have lost its IP address for the moment. My dad is coming for a visit this weekend, so hopefully he'll be able to fix it. But, in the meantime, I'm on the Nook. Unfortunately, that means I can't show you pictures of the yarn I bought over the weekend during the Greater Boston Yarn Crawl. I know, you're probably wondering why I was yarn crawling just weeks before the highly anticipated and saved for Rhinebeck. My husband was wondering the same thing. I decided to use this opportunity to check our the shops closest to me and each shop had door prizes and it seemed to make sense to enter! I have to say that I wasn't thrilled with the shop closest to me (11 minutes away) but I'll give it another chance before I avoid it. I loved the next closest shop (20ish mimutes) and then visited two shops near our old place since I had errands to do in that end of the world anyway. I bought more yarn than I planned to, but I'm super excited about my purchases! Non-fiber purchases were a small clip on light so I can knit in the car at night (while my husband is driving of course!), a pattern for lined mittens, and a copy of The Knitter's Handy Guide to Yarn Requirements. Fibery goodies were some Encore DK to make a baby sweater for a friend who is expecting, some Encore Chunky to make myself a quick pullover sweater, one skein of Chunky Alpaca (I think it's Cascade) in black to make another El Capitan ( my red one clashes with my purple coat), and a skein of Fyberspates Aran Scrumptious, a wool/silk blend, to make fingerless gloves. My very last purchase was a sweaters' worth of Willa yarn by Juniper Moon Farms in a bright, cheery purple. I was looking for yarn for a specific patter and I think they're a perfect match! I'll show them together when my computer is cooperating. I also got a free tote bag for spending more than $25 at one store and a doorprize at another store - a skein of Cascade Pacific Chunky and a pattern for a lacy slouch hat! I'm excited to start on my new projects, but first I have to finish the cotton kisses cardigan! Happy knitting!

1 comment:

Celia said...

Ugh! That's frustrating. I hope you get to post pictures soon.