Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olympic Progress

Here is my Olympic Progress so far:


I wish I had a better camera and better light to capture the colors. This yarn is SO beautiful, and each color change makes me happy! So far, I've done 3 repeats. The pattern calls for 7 repeats, but it also calls for fingering weight yarn. I'm using lace weight. Based on similar projects on Ravelry, I'll be doing between 10 and 12 repeats. I'm not at all confident that I'll finish before Closing Ceremonies, but I'm going to try!
DH and I have been watching the games every night. He's on vacation this week, so we've been able to catch up on lost sleep with naps during the day. Depending on which event is on, I'm either working on Gail or on my sweater sleeves. Last night, during Pairs Figure Skating, I totally only did stockinette work!
Speaking of the skating - I was a little disappointed. Overall, I found the skating less than inspiring. Thankfully, the snowboarders, cross-country skiers, and downhill skiers are helping me keep that Olympic spirit alive!

4 comments:

km said...

Beautiful!

wool free and lovin' knit said...

looks like a rainbow -- pretty pattern too. You are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Wow!

that was the only skein I did with that color scheme - I had no idea how nice it would look knit up. I think I'll spin another one...

You're doing an amazing job!

Nina said...

Ooh, that's puuurdy!