Thursday, September 3, 2009

February Baby Set

I finished the February Baby Sweater and matching hat yesterday. I bought the yarn from Ellen's HalfPint Farm while at the NH Sheep and Wool Festival. Although I did a gauge swatch, I think the sweater is a little smaller than Elizabeth Zimmerman intended it to be (or Baby Girl is just really big.) The sweater fits, and the fabric DOES have a lot of stretch, but it looks like she's going to outgrow it soon. Which means she wore the whole set out for a walk this morning, even though it was a little warm for a wool hat. Thankfully, Baby Girl didn't complain.


Hmmm....these pictures aren't great. Maybe I'll take one outside later....

Last night, I got three or four rows done on the Oriel Lace Scarf, and started a basic hat for a Christmas gift. Onward, Christmas kni

2 comments:

Nina said...

Oh gosh, that's so cute! Baby girl must have looked adorable in it. :)

Miss Me said...

sweet! our mornings will soon REQUIRE wool hats. here's hoping that we'll get a little bit of an indian summer... (i have already started wearing fingerless gloves in the mornings.)