Monday, April 26, 2010

Sheepshearing Festival

On Saturday, the boys and I went to Walthams Sheepshearing Festival. The whole family was supposed to go, but Little Girl got a tummy bug. So, the boys and I had some Mommy/Son time.

We saw alpaca, (aren't they cute?)

And llamas,


And horses,


Little boy was particularly enamored by the horses, and spent a lot of time hanging on the fence just staring at them. We went back at least three times.
There were only a few fiber vendors, and I resisted the urge to buy anything. I'm not technically on a yarn diet, but I know I don't really need any yarn right now. I did buy some pretty smelling soap and some local honey (did you know local honey can help with seasonal allergies? We're hoping it will help Big boy.) The weather was beautiful, the boys enjoyed themselves, and we had a great time!
Little girl, however, is very sad that she missed the sheep. So, we've decided to go the NH Sheep and Wool Festival next month. It's a nice day trip and there are a lot more animals. But, the yarn resisting may be downright impossible. I'll try to go with a few one skein projects in mind.....
Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

What a great day for that event -- looks like fun for the whole family for sure!