Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Feet - AGAIN!


The bonus part of having to sit and feed a baby who has a reasonable amount of head control is that it carves out a little knitting time each day as well. So, I've been plugging along on my faux fair isle socks, and FINALLY, after almost a year, they're finished!


I purposely didn't try to line up the stripes - for years all my socks were tie dyed, and I kind of liked that they didn't perfectly match. Looking at these socks though, I wish I'd given it a shot.

The pattern is from the book Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd. It really is a great all-purpose pattern. Next time though, I won't make the leg 8" long - I think 6" would have been sufficient.
I can see that socks make excellent carrying around knitting, and am considering starting another pair - perhaps with some yarn I find this weekend?!?!?!

Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

km said...

Yeah! Happy Feet. I hope you find some great yarn for the next pair. The great thing about socks for you is that your feet aren't growing. So, if you have to set the project down for a few months than it's not out-grown. Like if you tried to knit a size 3mo something now. =0)

Jknits said...

Those are great! I think I have some in the same colorway only much shorter.

Miss Me said...

pretty! nice spring and summer colours.