Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pre-Christmas Blahs

I've had every intention this week of getting some FO pictures and reporting on my Christmas knitting progress.

I have taken no pictures.

I have made 2 kinds of cookies (peanut clusters and krumkage, traditional Norwegian Christmas cookies). I have set up and decorated not one, but two Christmas trees (because when 6 of your new neighbors tell you how much they loved the tree the previous owner of your house put in the front 2nd floor window, you take the hint). I have hung lights outside the house, but on the front and back (really side) porch. I have almost all of my gift shopping done and am not really stressed about the three gifts I need to buy. I've bought wrapping paper and tape and as of right now, I know where my scissors are.

I have zero Christmas Spirit.

Zilch.

I LOVE Christmas. I love the carols and decorations. I love picking out presents for people I love (and even for some people I don't love). I love baking and crafting. This is our first Christmas in our HOUSE. Not an apartment, but our house! We can set up any decorations we like and no one can yell at us! Our tree is not in the dining room! We even have a mantle from which to hang our stockings!

Why can't I get excited?

I'm blaming it on the weather.

Despite my lack of enthusiasm, I have made knitterly progress.

I finished the Multnomah Shawl. I really thought it was going to be too small, but it blocked out beautifully. I've also knit a hat for my husband (although it still needs a pompom. I think) and I've knit all but the heel of my Christmas after-thought heel socks. I've also started the first of two Christmas stockings and a sweater for Bitty Baby. As far as knitting goes, I'm in pretty good shape. I'll do my best to take a picture or two of the FOs.

Maybe that will help my Christmas Spirit show up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

- Carolyn
carolynfallon3@gmail.com