Saturday, December 22, 2012

Bardic Circle (Spoiler)

A few weeks ago I discovered Creature Comfort Craftworks' Bardic Circle Club. This is an every other month, pay as you go club for either yarn or fiber based upon some Shakespearean play. Since I've been wanting to try a club and the cost was very reasonable AND it was a good excuse to force myself to do some real quality reading, I signed up for the inaugural month. This month's colorway is called "Secrets Kept" and based on A Winter's Tale.

Today, my package arrived!
I can't tell you how excited I was to unwrap an early present!!!!

This is the yarn:
I think the colors are coming out pretty accurately, although the yarn may be ever so slightly more purple than this picture shows. These are totally MY colors!!! I chose the sock yarn base, so it's 460 yards of 75/25% merino/nylon yumminess. I'm not sure what I'll make with it yet. I think I'll rely on the play for some inspiration.

Besides that, I had a lovely day today relaxing at home with the kids, making dog biscuits for the black lab down the street, playing Just Dance on the Wii, and making some ornaments. I expect another chill day tomorrow. Just a little bit of wrapping to do, and I'm ready for Christmas!

1 comment:

Celia said...

Wow! I've never heard of anything like that. I'll have to check it out. Very pretty colors.