Wednesday, May 9, 2012

NH Sheep & Wool Shopping List

This weekend is the NH Sheep and Wool Festival. As long as the weather is nice (and it's supposed to be gorgeous!), I'll be heading up there on Saturday.

It's been a few years since I've been there. 3 to be exact. I took Baby Girl when she was an infant, and had a wonderful, relaxing day. I'm hoping for the same this year, minus Baby Girl.

The first time I went to this festival, I was completely overwhelmed. I had only been knitting a handful of months, and walked in with no plan and no clue on yardage requirements for anything. I'm a much more knowledgeable yarn shopper now, but I'm really going to refresh myself on what fiber festivals are like, in order to prep myself for Rhinebeck. I know that NH can't compare to the size and variety of NY, but I'll consider this training.

I'm still sticking to my stash-busting (mostly), so my shopping list for Saturday is pretty short. I'll be looking for the following:
  • A cute WIP tool
  • Undyed BFL to practice spinning
  • Yarn to knit the Color Affection Shawl
  • Possibly a knitting related T-shirt

I know that I don't really need a WIP tool, but rulers disappear pretty quickly around this house (small children playing school and/or office), so I'm hoping to find something cute and small that can fit into my knitting tools bag. I hear that BFL is a great starter fiber, and I'm almost done with the purple merino that I'm spinning.

And then we get to the Color Affection shawl. I'm sure you've all seen it on the Yarn Harlot's blog. I've actually loved this shawl since I first saw it on the Plucky Knitter site, but just didn't want to pay the price for her kits (despite the loveliness of her yarn). I'm kind of bummed that the Yarn Harlot has taken it up, because we all know that a million people will now be knitting it.I'm not really one of those "knit one because everyone else is knitting one" kind of girls. I still really like the shawl though, and garter stitch can be so delicious, so I'll keep my eyes out for appropriate yarn.

Other than that, I'm hoping to eat something yummy for lunch, watch some sheep dog trials, and check out the 4-H kids' animals.

What's on your knitting shopping list?

1 comment:

Katie M said...

Hi,
I just had a quick question in regards to your website. If you could email me at your convenience that would be great!
Thanks,
Katie