Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Stashed!

As you can see from the right of the blog, I've created a Twitter account. I really don't know why, except it seemed like a better idea than dusting today. Although, Twitter and Firefox don't seem to get along very well, but if you're viewing this in IE, you should be able to see my Tweets.

As part of my "Plan for Rhinebeck" (yes, it has a title. I'm totally obsessed with planning this trip), I'm saving money. That means I'm not spending money. I'm particularly not spending money on yarn.Ergo, I must knit with the stash. Also, storage for my stash is limited to one dresser drawer, one medium-sized bin, and one under the bed bin. I don't have room for a lot more yarn, and I want to be able to buy a lot more yarn at the Sheep and Wool Festival. Ergo, same conclusion, knit with the stash.

Although I often have projects in mind for the yarn in my stash (almost exclusively single skeins), those projects often get pushed aside for "bigger" projects, and I go buy the yarn I need. Then, when the need for a "small" projects hits, I start to dig through my stash and knit something up. I've decided to be a bit more organized this year. Today, I put most of my stash up on Ravelry (I lost steam towards the end, and didn't feel like searching for the skeins of sock yarn hiding in my backpack), and I spent a little bit of time matching some of the yarn to specific projects in my queue (ain't Ravelry grand?).

I have two large projects to work on the rest of winter (my Viking Hoodie, which really, I will show a picture one of these days, and the Knitpicks Bohus-style sweater I started last year), at least three skeins of sock yarn, and a couple of nice one skein projects planned, I think I'll be able to keep myself busy until October.

At least, I hope so.


Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

Sounds like a great plan and your reward is more yarn so you gotta love that!

Jane said...

I'm using Firefox and I can see the tweets.

Your post brought a smile to my face. I gave up on trying to keep my stash up to date on Rav a long time ago. To match yarn up with projects?! That is just too much for me ;)

km said...

I'm using Safari and I can see the tweets. Just so you know it's showing up. I don't have a twitter account. That might push me over the edge. Are you on pintrest? I sent you an invite. ;0)