Thursday, June 3, 2010

More Lelah Problems

You may recall that I had issues with this top when I first cast on. Miscounting and all of that. I finally finished the lace section, and made a decision as to how to knit the top with straps - tube tops not being my thing and all. I tried on the top after grafting the straps together, and was pretty happy. Then, I picked up stitches around the armholes and neckline to deal with the stockinette rolling.

Well, I tried on the top again, and the last row of eyelets that should be below the bust for a ribbon, is now right on the bust.

Is it possible that picking up the stitches pulled the fabric up?

It looks nice, doesn't it?
Will contemplate if Cotton TLC Yarn (50% acrylic) will block.
If it doesn't, I'll have to find someone else this will fit, because I'm not jazzed about unknitting this thing anymore.
I've cast on for a pair of socks. They're part of my top secret project, so that's all I can tell you for now.
Happy Knitting!


Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

Looks lovely. If it was that close to fitting pre-stitch pick up I'd say there's a good chance you could get a bit of sag after washing and blocking it or even wearing it -- but be warned, cotton put in the dryer will shrink it right back up into place.

Jknits said...

eager to see how this works out. You can probably block it out. It does indeed look lovely.