Friday, March 5, 2010

Cabled Turtleneck Sweater

On Thursday, I finished my sweater. I bound off the turtleneck and wove in the ends. I neglected the laundry, the dishes, and the children (a little bit). I was starting to get nervous that I wouldn't get a chance to wear it before the weather got warmer.





My husband took these pictures, and I realize you can't see the cable all that well. I'm really pleased with the sweater though. It fits well, it's warm, and it has a striped turtleneck thing that I LOVE!!!

Here's the information:
The pattern is published by James C. Brett. (Don't you think that my sweater looks like the one on the cover of the pattern?)




I used the Marble Chunky yarn called for in the pattern. I think I used about 3 1/2 skeins, but it might have been a little more or a little less. The only modification I made was to knit the turtleneck part in the round, instead of knitting it flat and seaming it.
I'm hoping to enjoy this sweater for a few winters!
I should have immediately resumed work on the Fourth Trimester sweater or Gail. But, little girl requested a purple tank top, and I just happen to have a stash of some purple yarn.......so, yup, I cast on for a tank top. It's hard to turn Little Girl down.
Happy knitting!

5 comments:

Deb said...

It looks great!! Good job Dorothy!!

Nina said...

The sweater looks great! Suits you perfectly!

And you have no snow, I'm so jealous! We're still thigh-deep in the stuff, yuck.

magnoliasntea said...

Wow! Your sweater is just beautiful!
What a gorgeous pattern! I'd be mighty proud, too!

km said...

I love the sweater! You look fantastic!

Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

My goodness, your knitted wardrobe is growing in leaps and bounds. This is a gorgeous addition. Great job and as everyone has said already, it looks great on you!!