Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Meme

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the gift. I prefer wrapping paper though.
  2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I like that certain ornaments go in a certain place every year.
  3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first weekend of December, but this year I did it right before Thanksgiving. Only because we're not home for Thanksgiving, and we leave the day after Christmas for my parents' and it feels like we lose out on quality tree time.
  4. When do you take the tree down? A day or two after New Years
  5. Do you like eggnog? Not sure. I did make a chocolate eggnog this year that was good.
  6. Favorite gift received as a child? That's a toughie. I know I loved my kitchen.
  7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother.
  8. Easiest person to buy for? The kiddies.
  9. Do you have a nativity scene? Several. A Little People one for the kids. A nice looking/inexpensive one for now. A white porcelain one that was my parents to put out when the kids are old enough not to break anything, and a cardboard antique one. The real question - do you put baby Jesus out right away, or wait until Christmas?*
  10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
  11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A comic book I got from a White Elephant exchange
  12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I wouldn't mind starting on Jan. 2nd.
  13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.
  14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chocolate Crinkles!
  15. Lights on the tree? Many! Colored ones mostly.
  16. Favorite Christmas song? Oh, Holy Night
  17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home for Christmas eve and Christmas. Off to Buffalo (which is REALLY home) the day after.
  18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, I can.
  19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning.
  20. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Trying to convince my husband he can start his shopping a before December 22nd.
  21. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like a lot of variety on the tree
  22. What do you want for Christmas this year? A house.
  23. Angel or star on top tree: Angel, but only because that's what we have. No objections to stars.
  24. Favorite meal: Turkey Dinner! (Although, when I'm not pregnant I do enjoy the seafood feast my BIL makes on Christmas eve)
* I put him out right away.

No comments: