Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Overdue Thank You

Last week I received these in the mail:

They are rubber gloves, beautifully embellished by Shawnee. I won them as part of her birthday contest. Don't you feel inspired to scrub the bathroom? I know I do! Thank you, Shawnee!



BTW- Shawnee makes the most adorable aprons you've ever seen. Go check out her blog!

Also, I have been knitting. Slowly, but surely, the February Lady Sweater is starting to look like something besides a lot of garter stitch. It helps that I finally am understanding the raglan increases. I just couldn't picture how it was going to come together.


Yesterday, I went button shopping (a big premature perhaps, but I was in the same town as the knitting shop that carries lots of buttons.) I couldn't decide between two buttons, so I bought them both. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a clear picture so that you could give me your opinion. I'm sure I'll decide when the whole sweater is done and I'm ready to actually put on the buttons.

I've also made a decision about knitting projects. I think I'm putting too much pressure on myself to knit projects that I'm not really going to have time for. Thus, I've decided that all the new babies around me do NOT need handknit items for Christmas. It would be nice, but I just don't think I have the time. I've also decided that our new baby does NOT need a whole wardrobe worth of knitted goodness. Instead, I've decided to limit myself to a few hats and a sweater at each size.

Between now and Christmas, my goals are as follows:
  • Finish the February Lady Sweater
  • Finish the Celtic Knot Stole
  • Knit a stole from the silk lace yarn I have (this is a Christmas gift)
  • Knit another Wonderful Wallaby for little boy
  • Knit both little kids hats and mittens
That's it. Anything else that gets done is nice, but I'm not going to pressure myself!

In pregnancy news, I've finally stopped puking, although I still have iffy moments (particularly after the candy corn I ate last night - I love candy corn!) Baby seems to be doing well, and I'm trying to get as much as sleep as possible now.

I hope everything is sunny in your corner of the world.

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Miss Me said...

pleased to hear that your stomach is settling down a bit... i never had morning sickness. my mom thought that was unfair since she was sick for the whole 9 months with me! and your decision about the pressure knitting is a sound one.