Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy and Sad News

Happy news! I have finished a knitted item! The first item I have finished since July. Sad, and pathetic. However, today, I knit a whole entire dishcloth!

That's the good news. Now, here's the bad news. My LYS, which is really a fabric store with a GREAT selection of yarn, is going out of business! I went there today, hoping to score some Encore for the little ones' winter hats, and there was NONE on the shelves. NONE! I've loved going to The Fabric Place - it had such a large selection of yarn, many brands that you find in actual yarn shops - Cascade, Malabrigo, Galway, Elisabeth Lovland, etc, etc, AND they send coupons! Or, rather, they sent coupons. Goodbye The Fabric Place. I will miss you!

Okay, so if I can't buy Encore at a discount, what kind of warm, washable yarn can I buy at A.C. Moore to make the little ones' hats? OR, is there a LYS around me that sells Encore and has carts to strap my kids into?

Finally, can someone work out a way for me to have two whole days dedicated to knitting? I feel like I might actually accomplish something besides a dishcloth.

1 comment:

Andrea Moberly said...

Dorothy - You won the contest on my blog! The original winner never contacted me, and you were the runner up. If you email me at knitsandknots at gmail dot com and give me your mailing address, I'll turn it in to Hearts at Home so you can get your devotional!!! Thanks for participating in the contest, I'm going to have to check out your blog - looks interesting!