Monday, December 3, 2007

Mittens and Prizes

First off, thank you to those of you who commented on my search for cabled mittens. A couple of people mentioned Fetching, but I was looking for regular mittens, not fingerless ones. BUT, please know, I appreciate the suggestions! After looking for a while, I remembered that I am a member of Ravelry, and left a message there. MaryCatherine hooked me up with this pattern. The mittens are so much cuter than what I had going on in my imagination. Now, one child's hat, one spa set, and potentially one shawl to go before I can knit for ME!

I picked up my prize basket from the Jingle Bell Festival (I have to say. all this winning has made me feel lucky, so I bought a lottery ticket.) (I didn't win.) The basket was HUGE!


Inside, there was assorted soaps, lotions, and perfume - some from Crabtree and Evelyn!


There was also pottery and jewelry from a local artisan


And two of the most adorable little lamps you've ever seen!


It was really very exciting!

I'm hoping to finish the child's hat today! I'm off to work on it now; wish me luck!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Ursula said...

Oooh I love the pottery! Congrats on the win!