My goal for today is to finish my sock by midnight. I think I have a pretty good chance - I've turned the heel and am working on the decreases for the foot. And, I'm proud to say, it looks like a sock!
I've been looking over my Finished Objects list for 2007, and I'm really proud of the knitting I've accomplished, but I can't wait to see what what the list for 2008 will bring. I know that it will probably included a pair of socks, a Noni Adventure Bag, and some baby kimonos for friends who are expecting their first bundle of joy. But, what else? DH would like a pair of socks (once I've got the technique down!), children will need hats and mittens, dishcloths are always needed by someone. Plus, I still have my cozy cable mittens to knit and some beautiful lace weight with which to work.
As always, I'm excited about all the other possibilities of the new year. Will my business expand? Will this be the year I find my true career calling? What new skills will the children learn? What will I learn through them? As a teacher, the new year for me always feels like September, but this year, I'm eagerly anticipating wonderful things for myself and my family.
I have some knitting resolutions for 2008:
1. I will not be afraid of trying new patterns or techniques.
2. I will not be afraid to try the yarn called for in a pattern, just because it's $2 more than a yarn I already know.
3. I will not worry if a project takes a long time (although I reserve the right to pause to do a short project - I like to produce finished products.)
4. I will start Christmas knitting in January.
5. I will knit what I want to knit, even if it's not all that practical.
6. I will make better use of Ravelry, including figuring out how to post pictures of my projects.
What are your knitting resolutions?
My real resolutions?
1. I will read my Bible every day
2. I will continue to watch what I eat, and try to walk more every day
3. I will make more efforts to relax, have fun, and enjoy the company of my family and friends.
What are your resolutions?
Happy New Year!