Monday, November 5, 2012

Jenkins

Look what showed up in my mailbox today:

Jenkins Lark


Isn't she pretty?

I had tried a Jenkins spindle at Rhinebeck, but felt as though I could wait and would order one online in the future. And then I came home and found out they're not the most readily available thing online (that whole handmade thing, you know.) Last Thursday I had a pretty rough day and happened upon a shop update. A little bit of retail therapy can be good, so I ordered.

The package came quickly and it was packed with such care! The spindle came with some fiber already attached and a nice little cotton project bag.

I made the whole family watch it spin before they could eat dinner.

I've been doing a fair amount of spinning and knitting. I had started a post about all the hurricane knitting I did (there was quite a bit of casting on that day), but haven't gotten around to pictures. There might be finished objects by the time I get to them! Or, my house might actually get clean. It's never ending - the battle between the cleaning and the crafts!

Which one wins in your house?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crafts for sure. It has been 2 1/2 weeks since a vacuum has touched these floors. They have gone past the crunchy state to slippery with grit. (The rains of November make for mud-laden shoes and it dries into sand.)
Plus the month of November has started. November is NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month, where people attempt to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.

Yes that is a pretty spindle. Just the thing for capturing dust bunnies!

Janey
janeyknitting@yahoo.ca
(who just surfed in from a comment you made on the Yarn Harlot blog)