Monday, March 12, 2012

Plain Socks

On Thursday morning, I found myself without a traveling project. I've been working on a baby sweater, but it's at a fiddly part and requires constant measuring. Not good standing around after school knitting. I didn't have time to print out a pattern, so I really needed some simple. I quickly located a skein of sock yarn and my size 2 tiny circular, and cast on for the ribbing of the socks. I figured I could knit the ribbing and then pick a pattern out later.

I won this particular skein of sock yarn from Irisheyes Kathy during the summer. I have looked at various sock patterns that work well with self-striping yarn, but I hadn't found "the one" yet. And then, I looked at the picture on the yarn band, and realized that I really like striped socks. I decided to forgo all patterning, and just knit a plain sock.

I LOVE IT! I haven't knit a plain sock in years. The last time I stuck with stripes, I knit the whole thing in 2x2 rib. Plain socks go SO QUICKLY! I've only worked on it while out and about, and I'm already knitting the foot.

No time for pictures right now, but in a couple of days, I might have a completely finished sock!

No comments: