Monday, March 5, 2012

A little Spinning, A little Knitting, A little TV

During school vacation, I visited Mind's Eye Yarns to take a drop spindling lesson. I don't know if it's the second lesson (the first one was well over a year ago), or the Ashford Drop Spindle (from Irisheyes Kathy's Take and Replace Swap), but I think I've finally "gotten" it!
I should have put a penny underneath, so you could see the yarn!!! It's not great, and it's certainly not even, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I had a credit from Amazon, so I finally ordered Abby Franquemont's book "Respect the Spindle". I'm hoping to get good enough to spin a consistent yarn that's usable. The fiber, by the way, is 100% merino from Mind's Eye.

I've also been working on my Viking Hoodie. Here's an awful shot of the sleeve:

I've been doing all of that while watching TV with the kids. We've realized that we can influence the kids a lot by letting them watch shows that we like. So, we borrowed "Full House", "The Andy Griffith Show", and "Happy Days". It turns out that "Happy Days" has a whole lot of kissing in it, so we've stopped watching that one, but we love that they're so excited to see the other two, especially "The Andy Griffith Show". DH and I love to watch it too!

Happy Knitting!

No comments: