Monday, October 6, 2008

Linda's Hat

My friend Jeff's mom has cancer. She had been in remission, but recently, it came back. Her husband died of cancer a few months ago. It's all very sad.

Cancer.

I can't even imagine....

Anyway, our bible study is sending her a care package, and so I knit up this chemo hat.


The pattern is called Lace-Edged Women's Hat, and it is a free Ravelry download. Little girl particularly liked the hat, so I might make one for her (for snow time, as she said.) The hat was REALLY easy, and the lace pattern, which isn't showing up so well on my picture, is really pretty.

The kids and I are leaving tomorrow morning for Western New York, to spend time with my family. Things have been a little stressful here at casa de Mommy Knitter, so I'm glad to run away from home for a while and relax. And obviously, I'm psyched to be around another knitter or two!

Hopefully, the February Lady Sweater will be complete (or close to it) by the time I get home next week!

No comments: