I guess instead of trying to sit down and write cohesive posts, I'll just do some fly-by bullet points. Maybe the lack of pressure will get me to blog more.
1. Happy belated Valentine's Day! I hope you had a great day. We had a lovely family dinner. The kids asked for fettuccine alfredo and a heart-shaped dessert (chocolate cake). They were also excited to have fried calamari for an appetizer. Is it weird that my kids love calamari?
2. I finished my brioche cowl! Last month's program at the knitting guild was learning this stitch and I really like it. I had a random skein of Shibui yarn in bright colors and the kids like to wear a cowl when they go out to play. It took a while, but I'm very pleased with it.
3. We've gotten more snow and more snow and more snow. In the shallowest part of the yard it's up to 35". I don't really mind it though - the kids have a blast playing outside and they've even been really good about helping some older neighbors shovel their driveways.
4. I'm behind on my February socks. I should have started the second one and I'm just turning the heel of the first. I'm knitting "Socks on a Plane" by Laura Linneman. This is my first attempt at toe-up socks.
5. Tomorrow, we're going to a sing-a-long showing of the original Annie movie.
6. This week is vacation week, so I'm trying to get random tasks done around the house. Yesterday, I went through all my old magazines.
Well, I was aiming for 10 things, but I guess there's just not that much to report.