Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lace Medallion Socks

This past summer, as in the two summers before, I participated in the Summer of Socks group on Ravelry. I have continued in my streak of not finishing any socks within the designated timeline, and failing to meet my own personal goal of socks knit during the summer.

This summer I did manage to knit one pair of socks before the summer ended, and today, I finished my second pair! The pattern is Medallion Lace Socks and I bought the yarn from the (now defunct) etsy shop Rainbow and Her Magic Dyes. I've had the yarn for a while and have just been waiting for the perfect sock pattern to go with it.

I think that this is the perfect combination of pattern and yarn. What do you think?

I just slid them onto the sock hangers to photograph them. I think once I wet block them, the lace pattern won't be so bumpy and the socks will be perfect! Here's a close up of the lace pattern (you can all share my amazement that my camera didn't go all blurry during the close-up)

I hope to work on the Celtic Knot Stole and a Christmas stocking for Baby Girl. I have to come up with a new traveling project. I'm thinking of this hat for Little Boy. And matching mittens. Because tonight, he asked me to make him some mittens!

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Celia said...

The sock turned out very pretty!

Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

Very pretty socks and yes, a great pairing of pattern and yarn!