I finished Lia last night. Monday night, I sewed in the sleeves, which was kind of tense for me, but I think they look alright. However, when I put the sweater on, I found that the neckline was MUCH too wide and deep for me. I was kind of bummed, because I expected to love this sweater once it was on. Thankfully, this problem was easily solved by adding some ribbing around the neckline. What do you think?
I'm pleased with the length of the sleeves, and the body length is fine, but I think another inch would have been slightly more fine. Here is a close-up of the cable detail:
Overall, I'm really pleased with the sweater, and very proud of myself for blocking the pieces and successfully sewing in the sleeves. Of the three sweaters I've knit myself so far, this one is my favorite and will probably see the most use.
Here are the details: The pattern is Lia, from Knitty Deep Fall 2010. The yarn is Knitpicks Wool of the Andes. I ordered 7 skeins and used less than 5. (Note to self: I have yet to knit a sweater using the amount of yarn called for in the pattern). Also, the pattern called for size 11 needles, but I got gauge with size 13 needles.
I'm hoping to finish up my Princess Mitts and than move on to some other projects.....
Today was another snow day, but it's sleeting so there's no playing outside. The neighborhood little kids were here earlier making Valentine's Day cards. Things ended a little early though, because ALL of the kids were super whiny. So, it's rest time now. I'm thinking about taking a nap myself.
Happy knitting (or napping!) to you!